No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Aquarium Vase -Identify artist on bottom 1965  (Read 3168 times)

Offline jgsomaha

• Members
Murano Aquarium Vase -Identify artist on bottom 1965
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »
The image is the bottom from a Murano Aquarium Vase about 12" high with three fish-one red, one blue, and one yellow. Can anyone identify the artist or other information for me. Thank you for your time and kindness.

Offline jgsomaha

• Members
Re: Murano Aquarium Vase -Identify artist on bottom 1965
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »
The signature on the bottom GOM is the first owners initials...based upon additional information. However, I am still interested in identifying the original creator. Please see additional photograph of the 3 fish.
The image is the bottom from a Murano Aquarium Vase about 12" high with three fish-one red, one blue, and one yellow. Can anyone identify the artist or other information for me. Thank you for your time and kindness.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:36:52 PM »
Your last picture is much better. The fish look like the kind made by a couple of the good Murano companies, but without a label, I can't say who it might be. It is a shame that the owner scratched the info on bottom.  :spls: The fish remind me more of Fratelli Toso or Barbini, but the vase itself looks more Seguso-ish. I don't know a lot about the fish, however. I hope someone else will have an idea.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline jgsomaha

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »
Anita, thank you for your valued assistance.

Offline jgsomaha

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 05:47:58 AM »
 :hiclp:Thank you for your assistance. I have received additional information from another collector. He states this is a Barbini.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand