No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: mdina pulled ear vase... and pulled ear jug..!!  (Read 2715 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
mdina pulled ear vase... and pulled ear jug..!!
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
Hi there
really chuffed last weekend managed to pick up a pulled ear vase at a fair for £18 looks like an early-ish one too, but today went to an auction and there was a lot of 4 vases including a pulled ear jug !!! it looked like an early one i would think had a pulled spout and clear handle.
Now ive never seen this in jug form does anybody know if its quite rare ?? it was quite spectacular and i went upto £55 but had already spent around £300 and still had a couple of glass lots to come. So had to very sadly pull out it finished on the next bid of £60.
The other 3 pieces in the lot where a crystal vase nice but nothing amazing i dont think, no signiatures, a small mdina perfume bottle (later one) and another little vase which to be honest i didnt look over as i didnt have much time)
Im now quite gutted i didnt get the jug as i really had set my heart on it

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: mdina pulled ear vase... and pulled ear jug..!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
Juggy things were (I believe) I made by the Boffos in their "spare" time, and sold at Valetta, not in the Mdina shop. It's in the book. ;D, (sorry, not feeling up to finding the page reference atm).

I've not seen a pulled-ear jug, though. I did recently buy a gorgeously irridescent totty wee jug, with textured sides and a very WF-sey style delicate spout.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: mdina pulled ear vase... and pulled ear jug..!!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »
that little jug you have sounds very similar to one i had really pretty little thing about 3 inch tall maximum, stupidly i sold it at a fair about 2 years ago and regretted it since :cry: although at the time i did make a good profit on it
I really am gutted about that jug today it was beautiful, really chunky and unusual, the same height and weight as the vase with 2 pulled ears on each side (the lower part being identical in shape to the one in Marks book the ears slightly less obvious and sticky out though). The woman bidding against me was sat real close to me too, i felt like clonking her on the head with something  :24: because i knew she was gonna push me past my limit she had bought a few higher priced pieces of glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand