No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Studioglas Strombergshyttan signature help please  (Read 13682 times)

Offline knowles

• Members
Re: Studioglas Strombergshyttan signature help please
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »
I recently bought one of these vases at auction - The word in question on the bottom of mine looks like Stern - I contacted Anthony Stern to see if he had ever designed for Sg. Strombergshyttan answer No. - He suggested the piece looked like the work of Charlie Meaker - further investigation leads me to the EH initials being of the designer Eric Hoglund. The Stern of which the Ster?? is clear - comparing letter for letter in Strombergshyttan but the last bit is scrambled !! I have tried various letter combination in the Swedish / English translator the only word it came up with was - pregnant !! - Just does not scan somehow so I am still working on the word. Are the last few letters clear on you version. If you cannot fill in the blanks I will be contacting Sg Stromberg.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 07:46:35 AM »
That part of the engraving is still a mystery to me, I thought it could be steng or sterg.
I have not sent a second request for information to the studio, if you do and they reply please post any information on the board.

Does yours have the same dates engraved on it?

Thanks, John.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
HI

No mystery. This particular bowl was designed by Erik Höglund as suggested. It was designed for the company Stena Metall, 50 years anniversary.

Daniel

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
Thank you Daniel. :hiclp:

John

Offline inca

• Members
  • Stockholm, Sweden
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »
Some more info on Studioglas Strömbergshyttan

http://www.artglassvista.com/eng/Bergdala_Studioglas/
The Bergdala Studioglas trademark is a fusion of Bergdala Design and Studioglas Strömbergshyttan.
all texts and pictures © Ingela Nyrén

Offline Owen_W

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 09:29:10 PM »
John,

As you helped me with my Mdina vase, and on the off chance you still have this vase and read this. The word is 'Stena' as in Stena Line. Stena the company started in 1939, Stena Line was later. I think this a good piece as it would of been a Ltd Edition but I do not know how many were made. I also think it is interesting as I am not aware that EH did any other commemorative works and looking at it, it seems he is giving a heads up to the designs of Vicke Lindstrand back in the day. That is why it does not look like any other typical design of EH. That is just my opinion of course...

Kind regards

Owen
Modify message

Offline SveziaJonas

• Members
  • From Murano to Sweden
    • Murano
    • Sweden
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 09:51:19 AM »
Hello,

Search this on google.