No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Gebrüder Rachmann, Haida  (Read 10188 times)

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Re: Gebrüder Rachmann, Haida
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
They originally set up in Berlin and later moved to Haida. They had a large and extensive range covering atomisers - over 500 shown in the Glass Catalogue, toilet sets, fancy trinket trays and boxes with metal trims etcetera. Won several medals at various expositions and continued until the end of WW2. Apart from the catalogue I have there is little more than a few adverts and directory listings. I am still trying to contact a relative who has photos of the glassworks.

Any more information appreciated.

Frank, I am trying to do research on Rachmann Metallwerks for their perfume atomizers, metal parts as well as glass bottles.
You mentioned "Glass Catalogue"... can you please give me the full name and any information about that catalogue and how I might access the information?
Thanks.
Judy P.
 :)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 03:14:07 PM »
The original is offline due to hackers and I am currently rebuilding it, Rachmann should be done in a couple of weeks and includes the range of separate metal parts. Plus a few examples of their other metals range. As far as I know both metal and glass manufacture were in the same building in Haida.
You can follow progress here http://www.glasscatalogue.com/new/cats/BrRachman/BrRach_A01.html
Note your browser may give you an 'unsafe' warning but the 'new' section of the site is completely safe, the old unsafe part is inaccessible to the public.

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 07:22:55 PM »
Thank you, Frank, for your reply and the link.

Along this same subject line, I am also trying to find the metalwork makers of the atomizer and metalware for perfume flacons made by Johann Umann. Do you know of any research or documents on this subject?

Cheers.
Judy P.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »
Apart from entries in trade directories not really, they were a glass refinery (finishers) so much was bought in. Do not appear to have been doing atomisers c1907  Your image I would guess to be 1920/30s when they did much more, including cut glass for lighting and spectacles.

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 03:02:58 AM »
They originally set up in Berlin and later moved to Haida. They had a large and extensive range covering atomisers - over 500 shown in the Glass Catalogue, toilet sets, fancy trinket trays and boxes with metal trims etcetera. Won several medals at various expositions and continued until the end of WW2. Apart from the catalogue I have there is little more than a few adverts and directory listings. I am still trying to contact a relative who has photos of the glassworks.

Any more information appreciated.

Frank A. my heart just skipped a beat! Or two! YOU have a catalog from the Rachmann Metallwerks? I have seen the front page of a catalog from 1874 but have never seen the contents. I have been trying to help some of my fellow Intl Perfume Bottle collectors with IDs of atomizers, hardware, etc. Is this catalog available online? Can you give me the link? Or tell me how I might be able to access it?
Thanks in advance.
Judy P.  :D

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 03:07:01 AM »
Frank, I am trying to do research on Rachmann Metallwerks for their perfume atomizers, metal parts as well as glass bottles.
You mentioned "Glass Catalogue"... can you please give me the full name and any information about that catalogue and how I might access the information?
Thanks.
Judy P.
 :)

Please excuse my Memory Failure!! I just saw and now recall our discussion on the 14th. Chalk it up to another Senior Moment. :)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »
Excused :-)
286 items completed on-line so far, note not all links working so just use back key if you hit a not found.

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 02:57:04 AM »
Thank you!!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum