Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

ID on unknown buy please. Paperweight base bud vase

(1/1)

davidfish1212:
Hello all,
 I was wondering if anyone out there would know anything about this small bud vase that i bought at the weekend. It stands 8.5" high and is very heavy for its size. The base has had the pontil polished out (but the glass is not clear underneath, why would his be?) There are a number of bubbles within the glass. I was told the vase was from the 60's, but i've learned to trust no one except you guys :thup:
 I have another vase that i bought at he same time and will post pictures of it, again, in the hope someone out there could cast their expert eyes over it and tell me a bit about it.
Slainte, David ;D

Ivo:
Zaohai light industry, China. These were still in production in 2000 - not sure when they started. I guess the item is quite a bit younger than you were told.

Lustrousstone:
These vases are Chinese; the date could very well be correct. The matte base is typical, although not exclusive to, of Chinese manufacture; it's one of the clues. Variants in blue and without the white stripe are found

davidfish1212:
Thanks to both of you for your info on this wee vase  :hiclp: :hiclp:, think I'll give it to my mum!!!!!!!
Cheers again, David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version