No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: SWEDISH LABEL BUT WHICH MAKER?  (Read 1686 times)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
SWEDISH LABEL BUT WHICH MAKER?
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »
This current ebay listing is for a pair of Swedish vases, which are often mistaken for Whitefriars Pattern number 9437.  However, the labels are not complete but are quite clear on the last photo in the listing.  The name is not one I instantly recognise, but I am sure someone here will know.  Perhaps the label is for an exporter rather than a maker, but any help would be appreciated. I have looked in Ivo's Fact File, but no luck.  Many thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190328457464

Emmi

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: SWEDISH LABEL BUT WHICH MAKER?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:08:31 AM »
Emmi:

I don't think the label belongs to a Swedish glass company, but, as you suggest, to an Australian import company. Vases possibly Aseda?

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 07:35:54 AM »
Thank you David,  my thoughts too, although it would be good to have the full name of this company.  But at least having found that vase with that label,  it now helps dispel some myths surrounding it.  Emmi

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:14:39 AM »
I agree totally with David's Aseda suggestion - I was thinking the same myself as I looked at the photos, certainly the bases and the colours are right for Aseda.  I don't recognise the label but as has already been suggested, it's most likely an importer anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand