No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Possible Finnish blue modern vase.  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Possible Finnish blue modern vase.
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
I have tried looking, but been unsuccessful in seeing anything identical.  I'm led to believe this is Finnish  -  just over 20 cms. tall, and about 9 cms. at the widest.
seems to have a mould flattened base but with a neatly ground and polished pontil mark.    Some reasonable wear indicates not exactly made yesterday.  Any thoughts will be appreciated, and thanks for looking.    Paul S.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Possible Finnish blue modern vase.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »
The colour and base remind me of the vase in this thread http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,27174.0.html.

Not much help, just a possibility.

John

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Possible Finnish blue modern vase.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
thanks John  -  I have looked a little amongs the various suggestions, and you may be correct that Boda Afors may be a strong contender.   If I find a match, I will let you know, and thanks you help.   Cheers         Paul S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand