No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tall bubbly Yellow/Amber Decanter, Possibly Höglund ?  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Tall bubbly Yellow/Amber Decanter, Possibly Höglund ?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »
But IMO that doesnt make all brown glass EH.

Of course not - however, a certain toffee coloured glass with irregular bubbles and carbonised inclusions (didn't EH bung the odd potato in the pot to cause his particular style of bubble?) on an item with firepolished rims and a chunky simplistic design could well be.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:50 PM »
Oops, was just composing an answer to that point myself!  :D

But IMO that doesnt make all brown glass EH.

Sorry, I missed this bit last night.

I don't think the 'likely Höglund' attributions given are solely because of the glass colour. It's a combination of disparate elements that on their own wouldn't necessarily point towards Höglund but that together may do - including, yes, the colour, but also the gradiated effect, the strong naive form, the bubbles (along with the carbonised inclusions), the manner and quality of the finish, and the general similarity to documented Höglund designs (cylindrical mould-blown form with long hand-worked neck).

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 12:21:29 PM »
Just spotted this auction for a similarly-shaped decanter, clearly from the same stable as mine:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120312978224

Unfortunately their (mis)attribution is of no use - but the listing does at least illustrate another shape from the series, whoever made it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand