Author Topic: help with my swan please.  (Read 297 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
help with my swan please.
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
funny how intriguing some glass animals/birds can become  -  although much of the reason I bought this one is because of the degree of wear on the base, which I think you can see as a mat area in the pic.- and made me think there might be some age.    The quality ground pontil make me think it may not be quite as 'tacky' as I first thought.   Saying that I haven't seen one before means nothing, as I have discovered, but I'm hoping some one has.   Size about 25 cms. tall by about 16 cms. at the widest.   Gives a good 'ding' when flicked.   thanks for looking.   Paul S.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: help with my swan please.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
This might be a totally stupid thought but with that neck and head, in that colour and with that pontil mark it could be a Whitefriars frigger. But don't quote me because I have no idea really

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: help with my swan please.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »
thank you  -  you have made it sound rather special.    Certainly the style and wear on the base make it look genuinely old  -  let us see if anyone else is of the same opinion.   I will keep mum for the moment - and fingers crossed.    Paul S.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com