No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Possible holmegaard decanter?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Possible holmegaard decanter?
« on: August 19, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »
Bought this nice little decanter recently upon getting it home it looked like very similar coloured glass to a pair of glasses ive got that have holmegaard stickers, Ive looked on ebay and it looks like some ive seen attributed to holmegaard. This is very small just under 7" with a polished pontil any ideas. :hiclp:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Possible holmegaard decanter?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:40:30 AM »
Looks like a Holmegaard 'Cluck Cluck' decanter, made in various sizes and colours, I only ever seem to find them missing their stoppers.

John

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
It does look like a Holmegaard. They were made in a variety of sizes. I have one (with a Homegaard label) even smaller than this. They come with a ball or a crown shaped stopper. If I remember correctly, the only problem is that it's a very old design that a number of companies have made. The Holmegaard is well made, but I can't remember the other distinguishing features. Nic (Pinkspoons) would be able to tell you.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:29 AM »
It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between the output of the different factories without having handled a lot of these, so the safest bet is usually to rely on matching height with approximate proportions.

Original Holmegaard catalogue:

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
Thankyou too you both for your replies its a hard subject to be sure about when learning this trade the chart is excellent thanks :hiclp:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand