No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 'Royal Swedish' glasses in faux-book box - Målerås?  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
'Royal Swedish' glasses in faux-book box - Målerås?
« on: April 16, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »
I've not been able to find anything on a 'Royal' glassworks or tradename, but something in the back of my mind is linking it to Målerås production. Was it one of their trademarks?

The box itself was made by "Design Phillip", by apointment to the Royal Swedish Court. This company is, it seems, better known for jewellry/music boxes.

Any help gratefully received.

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: 'Royal Swedish' glasses in faux-book box - Målerås?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:02:55 AM »
Good morning Nick, great photos as always! :)
I've spent a very happy hour or so going through my books but I can't find "Royal Swedish" anywhere. I don't think the glasses were made by Målerås, something says maybe Gullaskruf or Skruf, but why put "Royal Swedish" on them? The "Skandinaviska Etuifabriken" also did a set of shot glasses and cognac glasses with and without coasters but I couldn't see if they were labelled or not.
Hope someone comes up with an answer...

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: 'Royal Swedish' glasses in faux-book box - Målerås?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:57:01 PM »
Hello Aine. Thanks for the comments.

I've not managed to find any link to Målerås either - it seems it was a figment of my imagination. I'll try to explore the alternatives you suggest.

I daresay the 'Royal Swedish' is just a tradename for UK/US export, whoever made the glasses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand