No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mura"no" or Mura"yes"?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
Mura"no" or Mura"yes"?
« on: August 26, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »
Hello Fellow Glassnuts!

Once again, following a devastating blow in respect of a Chinese Murano paperweight, I am here to seek your good counsel.

(Incidentally, before I continue, I found a Whitefriars Glacier Decanter in a charity shop yesterday for £2.50... proving that it can still be done.  The trouble is, these things are so hard to part with, even if they turn out to be quite rubbish!  How is one supposed to sell glass and not get all down about it?)

Anyway, another charity shop purchase here... is this Murano or Mura oh no?!  It stands 8cm tall and is heavy like a Whitefriars ovoid vase.

With pleases and thanks in advance, in the right places and in abundance,
Stu.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Mura"no" or Mura"yes"?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
I would say mid-century Mura"yes". Generic. The label looks original. The glass and base are typical for Murano, so I think you can feel good about this one.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
Re: Mura"no" or Mura"yes"?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:36:08 PM »
Thanks Anita... I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Stu.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand