No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: M Harris signature. ID = Phoenician, Malta  (Read 5703 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: M Harris signature
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »
 :-[

A bit late here, but it definitely reads "Phoenecian, Malta".
(I did realise that the second I saw it, not as a post script to other's posts)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
I did too but i often doubt meself and then dont want to look a wally infront of all you big brained experts ;D hence the 93.6%.  Lustrousstone ive dont the same thing so many times, put it on here and somebody tells me instantly, and as soon as they say it the mark/signiature as if by magic changes into what they say it is. I often find the more i look the worse it gets too
michelle

Offline woodie

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »
Hello all esteemed members
Thank you for all your help I see now(admittedly rather late) that it does say phoenician, I think I had convinced myself that it said M Harris, feel a bit of a numpty now :-[
At least I can now list it correctly and thanks again.
Embarrased Woodie

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
Don't be embarrassed Woodie we all want to find that signature, sometimes I think it helps with signatures if you start with no preconceptions about which one it is (all very Zen like).

John.

Offline woodie

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »
originally I did list it as just Mdina glass with unknown signature, then I was told it was Harris, so it sort of snowballed, but you know what happens to snowballs - they end up a wet slushy mess......
 ::)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »
 :)

Just sorry you had your hopes raised to the heights, then dashed. Catherine Hough's signature always gets me  :huh: , no matter how often I see it - not on pieces in my sticky paws, I should add - and I have to refer back to stored images of confirmed signatures of Said and Dobson on Mdina every time, these things get us ALL.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 12:03:35 AM »
I think I had convinced myself that it said M Harris, feel a bit of a numpty now :-[

Welcome to the club Woodie. We have all been there and done that. Frankly, speaking for myself, I basically just live there. (In Numpty Land)

Carolyn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand