No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Huge jack in pulpit vase - ID = Mtarfa  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
Huge jack in pulpit vase - ID = Mtarfa
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:14:27 AM »
I am clearing the living room of glass as I have made the severe mistake of buying my daughter a nintendo wii for her birthday!!  Apparently the games get very active and I am taking no chances.  This is why I am trying to identify several vases which have been waiting around for ages for me to find out what they are.

This latest one is a huge Jack in the pulpit vase in blue and yellow.  It is a whopping 12 inches high, with a ground base which has a signature appearing to be AWF.  I have tried several times to get a photo of the base, but I cannot get my camera to focus on it, sorry!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Glass-Lady/552453431473856

Check out my facebook page for my current stock available at Elsecar and The Sheffield Emporium.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Id needed on huge jack in pulpit vase
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »
Try moving the camera away from the vase and using its zoom function to get it to focus on the base - if your camera has it, try this in conjunction with the 'macro' function, usually represented on cameras with a small flower-shaped icon.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »
*slaps forehead*

Forgot to say that the signature is Mtarfa!  ::)

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »
Thanks  :hiclp:

I will have a go with the zoom on the next one - I have a whole room to clear :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Glass-Lady/552453431473856

Check out my facebook page for my current stock available at Elsecar and The Sheffield Emporium.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand