No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Early Mdina fish vase? opinions please  (Read 5556 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Early Mdina fish vase? opinions please
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
Went to bed early last night to get up hideously early this morning and then woke up before the alarm clock went off. ::) An early visit to Cheddar, then on to Shepton Mallet, now it feels like Midnight. :sleep:

The vase, here are some photos of the base there is very little wear, only the centre section was ground and polished. Interestingly Mark Hill's book shows this shape in the Mdina brown and a version with a more curved base (and straps) giving a more rounded look that is in this blue colour, both dated c1969.

The vase itself is lovely, very tactile (like all good glass), it has style and presence. Sue if you are heading to any events further south there is every chance that I could meet you there with it (you show me your colourful one and I will show you my blue one :D).

Also bumped in to Ron Wheeler today, will send him a photo, he will get to handle it next week at Builth Wells.

Saw a bit of IOW Seaward for the first time in the flesh today, a signed bowl, very nice too, alas not enough folding stuff to make it mine though.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand