No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Does Anyone know anything about "Dyball" Glass?  (Read 4728 times)

oddyamazed

Does Anyone know anything about "Dyball" Glass?
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:11:43 AM »
I have a set of 6 glasses that I belive to be from the 1950's. They have a pattern of a blue and black roosters (very stylized) on them. The glass curves in at the bottom and is thick on the bottom too, a differnt shape then what I've seen on ebay. Anyways they have the signature of Dyball on them. I can find any info on this maker. If anyone has any info that would be great.

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 08:38:10 AM »
Could the word on the bottom be "hyball" instead of Dyball?  This would maybe indicate the style rather than a maker or a maker that specialized in hyball/hi ball glasses.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:26:36 PM »
I've not heard of Dyball, but a Google search brought up several references to items for sale... all apparently in the USA, so I am wondering if they are/were a US company? Perhaps one of our US members can tell you more. Posting photo/s of your pieces may be of help, we have easy how to instructions on the board here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html

If you register on the board and post as a logged in member you can choose to be notified of responses to your query (an option not available to Guests). and adding your country location to your Profile is also useful. Hope this helps. Smile
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

oddlyamazed

Pictures of my Glasses
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 07:07:03 PM »
Here are some pics of the glasses. They do not say "high ball" it is "Dyball" in a signature, the second picture is of the signature.

Thanks for the help!

http://tinypic.com/erli1d.jpg

http://tinypic.com/erliex.jpg

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum