No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: The Ultimate Charity Shop Junk Vase? - ID = Tapio Wirkkala for iittala  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Pain

• Members
Re: The Ultimate Charity Shop Junk Vase?
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »
I have seen a few of these vases during my surf of the net.  DK have it listed  :D
Elle
-------------
Just learning

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 08:06:11 AM »
I have no idea who DK are... 

:-\
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Offline Pain

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »
Elle
-------------
Just learning

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:05 AM »
Thanks Pain.

They seem to list the basic 22.5cm vase, whereas mine is the far superior 16.7cm version (joke)!  Good thing it's not all about the money, eh?

I think this one is a keeper from my perspective though.  I don't want to upset anyone, but if you put this next to a clear bark Whitefriars of the same sort of size, I know which I would choose.

I was thinking about saying that I think Whitefriars is really overrated, but that might be pushing things too far for a newbie like me!

Here's another photo of the vase close up.  This bit really really really looks like ice when the light hits it.  Genius.  So happy with it!!!  I don't care how sad this sounds.

Stu.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand