Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

request for date on probable Borske vase

(1/1)

Paul S.:
Not the sort of piece that I normally collect  - but thought it was rather attractive with this lovely purple colour, and it only cost me two quid on Sunday morning.    I'm thinking it has to be Borske, as it looks so similar in style (tho not shape) to a couple of the pieces in Mark Hill's book.  It goes without saying that the gold is a little jaded and scuffed, but not too bad.       Size is approx. 25  x  15 cms.   Wud be very interested in a guide on production date if possible please, and thanks for looking.  Paul S.

Jindra8526:
It is probably very recent production Paul, I would guess 90ties, pattern, however is older from 60ties.
Jindrich

Lustrousstone:
These haven't been seen here in the UK new that recently, so I would guess it is actually 1960s or 1970s.

Paul S.:
thanks to both of you  -  and I much prefer the more vintage 60's - 70's description.   However, my omission, and I shud have said that the base does in fact have a reasonable amount of wear.     I do occassionally see Czechoslovakian pieces - often in purple or amber and with the multiple gold banding, but they are usually decanter type pieces, and often come with shot glasses.  This piece is the first large 'waisted' vase that I have seen in my couple of years collecting.   Maybe the picture made the piece look too good, and appear more recent than it really is.    Cheers         Paul s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version