Author Topic: Double vinegar / oil pot?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
Double vinegar / oil pot?
« on: September 06, 2009, 01:09:43 AM »
This was given to me when buying some other glass ("take it or it goes in the skip tonight") so out of curiosity it came home and was cleaned up...  I think it's an oil / vinegar bottle duo. Is that right? The plastic lids are elderly looking - one is totally trashed and needs chucking, other still usable, just! (Can I get replacements for the lids?) Size is approx 6" x 3" x 5" tall to top of handle (150mm x 75mm x 125mm.)

I've not seen one of these before so wondered if anyone could give me an idea of how old it might be and who made them? No marks on it at all... I suspected it might be from a bottle works but then it might not!

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
Re: Double vinegar / oil pot?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »
Handle is so sloppy that it was most likely someone playing with some failed pieces... necks differ too. Plastic should date them to 1950s... unless that red is celluloid type. Take a flake and see if it burns well - if yes much earlier is a poss.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com