No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech vase still without attribution? = Skrdlovice  (Read 3347 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Czech vase still without attribution? = Skrdlovice
« on: September 06, 2009, 01:38:58 PM »
Bought this vase yesterday with a view to reselling it but after cleaning it, I have fallen for it. :kissy:
I am sure sellers are more likely to get a better price if their stock is looking good, still it can be good for us glass sharks. ;D
So an excuse to show off some photos and check on attribution, I am under the impression that this vase though probably Czech has not had a positive ID yet.
Is this the current state of play?

Thanks, John.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Czech vase still without attribution?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »
Hi John,
looks like Skrdlovice, one from Beranek brothers designs from 1955-1956. See http://picasaweb.google.de/Jindra8526/ - few first pictures.
I hope that I will get more information next week.

You can find many vases of such type here in different colours, some of them has been fabricated much later in from 80ties to 2000.
Jindrich

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Czech vase still without attribution?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
Thanks Jindrich, great photos, great glass.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Czech vase still without attribution? = Skrdlovice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:15:59 PM »
Hi john
I had one and sold it quite a few months back now went really well at £143 on ebay, sadly they have dropped down quite a bit since then but there is still some on there if you want current prices
mine was different colours its the header picture on my sklo group on facebook heres a link http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=35079790849
all the best
michelle

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »
What an outrageously good price Michelle, you must have been well chuffed.
When an item exceeds my wildest expectations at auction I tend to worry that the buyer may be disappointed when it arrives, daft really as it takes at least two bidders to drive the price so high, they must want the item that much.

John

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »
Yeah i do the same, i worry untill it arrives and i get feedback then you know they are happy, i often get jon to re read my adverts to make sure i havent wrote something stupid like there is a set of 4 of them. I was fortunate enough to get all my big pieces listed when it was high (didnt seem to last that long, although hopefully will come back up a bit as i have a few more czech pieces to list now)
That one was a massive surprise it had been sat on my mantel piece for a while after buying it at newmarket antiques fair for £20.. although i must say ive never been able to fill the gap on the manteel piece properly, that was perfect nothing has ever looked quite so good there
michelle

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »
Not adding anything interesting but was it purposely made that it looked like faces in this vase? or am I going mad?

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »
Hi Michelle,
I saw that sale, ;D  ive got a blue one, thought about selling it, after that ,but probably keep it for a while
and ive noticed prices have come down a bit now  :'( I think it was after Mark Hills book that prices
peaked, hopefully they are good investments for the future.
 ;D

Andy

(Was talked into joining facebook recently, not that keen but i will join the sklo Czech glass group  ;D )
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
we where really chuffed although as i said to JP ive still never managed to get anything to look quite as good on the mantelpiece that was a show stopper in my eyes and i really thought long and hard before i listed it.
we where amazingly lucky with our czech glass i had been hording it for a couple of months and then managed to get almost all of it listed when it peaked (the only time we have managed to ride the wave at the top im afraid, Im generally a little bit too late)
I do think it will come back up and make a second surge although im not sure the prices will ever come back to what they where, we sold a borske nemo for £80 at that time, sold one not so long back for £8. There was a lot of hype with Mark and Marcus's books coming out, so everybody went Czech crazy.
You will have to friend request me on facebook  ;D, ive got a few albums full of glass which ive collected/sold over the last few years, you will have to pop an album of your own collection on so all of us facebook glassies can take a peek
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand