Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > USA

Enjoy these!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Anne:
Shannon, they're wonderful, thanks for sharing! :)

Your photo here is the same as my mum's egg plate mentioned in the egg-plate thread on the board a few days ago... does anyone know who made this design please?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/shanbeat/Carnival/beaded.jpg

Connie:
Indiana Glass

http://www.eggplates.com/Indiana/Indianaep2.html

chopin-liszt:
:D:cry::D
I used to have an "egg-plate" like the one shown, but I'd thought it was an oyster plate. Mine was in a deep olivey green colour, not irridised. It sat, displayed, in my kitchen for a while, then went back to a charity shop, as I'd decided it was thoroughly modern. :oops:

paradisetrader:

--- Quote ---thoroughly modern
--- End quote ---

Sounds like my cuppa tea Sue but I have a feeling that you mean made yesterday, hence the  :oops:  which isn't quite the same thing.
An oyster plate would have larger depressions.

Shannon
I am amazed that you have gathered this collection within such a short time !!! Well done !!! ...er when will you be moving to a larger home ?
 :evil:

My personal favorite is the Indiana Princess Candy.
If I could have just one piece of Carnival (barring Persian Medaillion plate ....waiting for lotto win) it would be this.
I like the simple pattern and very depp color. The color itself is one of my favorites and I think glass conntainers are underrated as collectables :- you can use them without much risk of damaging them as well as having decorative value.  I also like the pointed finial knob for some reason  :roll:

Is Princess the pattern name ?
Are you sure its a candy container ?

Glen:

Here's a Finnish covered container, Peter. Made by Karhula (circa 1030s).

And to confirm Shannon's ID of her Indiana piece - yes it is "Princess" and is a candy box (container). Indiana's #2882 in Iridescent Blue.

Glen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version