No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: i.d. for illegible etching name please. = MVM Cappellin  (Read 8994 times)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Re: i.d. for illegible etching name please. = MVM Cappellin
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 03:31:22 AM »
Yes, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it was a Klimt poster I once had !

Here is the link to the piece you spotted which is similar to Pauls....on the far right...

http://www.artnet.com/artists/vittorio-zecchin/coupe-cornet-sur-pi%c3%a9douche-libellula-q72MA5fm01_uaIFkRarNsQ2

Interesting to read he only worked at MVM Cappellin for one year though so it makes it more difficult to know if a piece of MVM was designed by Zecchin or not. I think Paul's is a very good contender though . The picture above is so small it's difficult to tell , it might even be the same design.

As for my candlestick it's anyones guess, I guess . To find any signed MVM Cappellin piece is  exciting though ! Carlo Scarpa's work for MVM is highly prized ! It certainly has sent me on a journey of discovery and I really hope you can find an example of Zecchin's design Rosie . ;)
Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
Thanks Mike,  yes although a small picture it is very like Paul's bowl.
I will look out for a piece of Zecchin's work, and if I find a piece, perhaps I can show it here to see if I can get you or Paul ( Hi Paul!! :)) to verify it for me??
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »
I don't think Paul knows we are talking about him on this ancient thread of his , or perhaps he sold it to John and he doesn't want to talk about it ...but he did say he would keep it . ::)

Well if you do find a piece it's no good asking me !!

I'd still love to see it though  :)
Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
OK Mike, I'll alert Paul then...he likes a lert!!   :P
Rosie.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
reminds me of one of the Nigel Rees graffiti funnies..........be 'a lert' - your country needs 'lerts'.
sorry, hadn't responded as this ended up an embarrassing piece in my memory ----      should have taken jp's offer and flogged it to him and taken a lady away for the weekend - would have been more enjoyable than the glass ;).            Thinking I'd never part with anything, I hung on to this for a couple of years and then, sinking slowly in a morass of glass was forced to send it to auction - and it didn't make good money - so serves me right for trying to be clever. :'(
In the event I've dropped colleting all but U.K. material - but that's not to say I wouldn't buy another of these or similar should I see one at a boot sale - I'm a lot wiser now than I was then.                 
So, regret I can add nothing further - but would like to record my sincere thanks to Dirk for providing the answer in the first place. :)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 03:20:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that Paul and thanks for dropping by ..... and I've gone and dragged it all back up again !  :'( ;)

Do you think yours was the same as in the link above ? It's difficult to tell because the pic. is so small plus the angle of the fandangle and there is no height info..

At least we can all look out for more examples now, thanks to your goodself & Dirk.  :D
Mike

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »
Everyone pieces are Super!!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 06:52:15 PM »
Thanks Rose,

I've been reading all the Cappellin threads here on GMB and this is a site TxSilver found and it shows some examples of MVM Cappellin, Soffiati, in the same colour as the candlestick amounst a host of other superb Murano glass. 

If anyone hasn't seen it already then please click on this link below...thanks to TxSilver !

http://www.porroartconsulting.it/pdf/Porro_asta_50.pdf

Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
Wonderful sites Mike, thank you, and the best excuse I have had for a morning doing no housework I have had for a long time....and now,  having seen all that beautiful glass,  I will have to start upgrading my collection....sell to buy,  but sell a dozen to  buy one piece I think!!  :o
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand