No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Would appreciate any help identifying these pieces  (Read 2253 times)

Offline mystic0ne

• Members
    • http://www.geocities.com/mystic_0ne75/glassware.html?1129861079234
Would appreciate any help identifying these pieces
« on: October 21, 2005, 02:07:01 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the message board.  I need help with this piece, ANY info would be appreciated.  Was told by previous owner that it is a mayonnaise jar, spoon is missing, but should have a small glass spoon with it.  Thanks!!

http://www.geocities.com/mystic_0ne75/glassware.html?1129861079234

If link doesn't work, see below, Cathy was gracious enough to post the pics to tinypics!!

Also curious about this basket, no maker marks that I can find, it's a small pale green hobnail basket, pictured with my cell phone to establish size.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 09:54:42 AM »
You say mayonnaise, but that would depend on the size. It could very well be a jam jar and if small what is called a mustard. I can't help with any ID, sorry but maybe someone else might be able to. Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 10:07:40 AM »
it did not work before but does now - you have a limit to the amount of traffic allowed per day on geocities. I Cannot be very helpful with the item though - pressed, made to look like cut-to-clear - I would guess contemp Walther, but I'm sure there are oodles of companies made similar items especially in the US.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mystic0ne

• Members
    • http://www.geocities.com/mystic_0ne75/glassware.html?1129861079234
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 12:43:59 PM »
I was told by the original owner that the jar was either Czec. or Scandanavian, I don't remember now,  but I have been researching this for weeks and cannot find anything, not even another one that looks similar.  I really appreciate everyone at least trying!  Thanks everyone and thanks for looking!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand