No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thick triangular cylindrical vase ID = Sklo Union, Frantisek Vizner for Rosice  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Another one I have spent ages trying to find.  I don't understand why there is a touch of green on the photos as it is very clear.  Very heavy and thick vase 3 lobes and have a curved edge running top to the bottom from the centre of each lobe.  The base is deeply inverted.  I can see the odd fine air bubble but plenty of scratches unfortunately where it has been cleaned by the previous owner.  I don't know why but I initially thought scandi - probs way off the mark.  Any help appreciated as always please.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Thick triangular cylindrical vase
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:53:58 PM »
From now until all eternity you will turn over every piece of glass, look at the underside and go: "Sklo Union again"

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
Yep, Sklo Union.
Frantisek Vizner for Rosice
info: Marcus Newhall ´Sklo Union - Art before Industry´
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline dinklepip

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 07:32:43 PM »
deffo Sklo from me from the base

Offline Margi

• Members
Thanks all much appreciated that base is imprinted in my mind now.  This may sound thick but I think I am beginning to feel the difference with the quality on items.  I know it will take a very long time but I think I have started woohoo!
Thanks again.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Just remember that not all bird bath bases are Sklo Union and that Sklo Union quality can be pretty ropey sometimes - by that I mean the design might be good/OK but the quality of the glass and the finishing may not be. And sometimes the designs aren't inspiring either.

Offline Margi

• Members
Thanks Christine I shall certainly bear that in mind

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand