No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual round vase help please. - ID = Beyer & Co. Kristallglas GmbH  (Read 7233 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Could anyone kindly help with this gorgeous vase please ie id possibly.  It is a flat circular vase made from two pieces sealed together.  If you look at the vase face down it looks like plain spheres all over it but hold it upright and it looks almost as if you could be hypnotised in the fact it looks like the centre sphere is much further inside the vase than it is.  Actually there are all on the same level.  Also it looks like there is lots of other spheres inside each one but there isnt.  The base has wiggly edges in other words not a neat circle and has some wear.  The opening of the vase is a small rectangle.  We have never seen one like this but we may learn that they are more common than we realise.  Could anyone help ID it please.  PS Please excuse my rug.

Margi

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: Unusual round vase help please.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
Hi Margi,
although the pictures have vanished from this thread I´m rather sure, we´ve
been discussing this vase here:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,22774.0.html
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
Thank you Dirk.

Mine also appears to have been glued.  At first we thought it came apart but it has no give in it at all.  It is rather pretty so I am going to dig further now. 

Margi.

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:36:54 AM »
How strange I have google googled and googled again, following the link re the other thread.  Unfortunately I cannot find this vase or anything similar.  Sure there are solifleurs and Walther pops up all over the place but not Beyer & co.  Am I even going down the right route?  There is bubble vases by Walther but nothing that I can locate with this pattern.  Google throws me no lifeline if I ask it for Beyer & co solifleurs.  Help can someone put me on the right track?

Margi

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »
The full company name is Beyer & Co. Kristallglas GmbH. Unfortunately searching in English may not help and it's likely they didn't call the solifleur a solifleur. Here is their website, try emailing them http://www.beyer-crystal.de/englisch/frameenglisch.htm

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »
Thank you Christine I have emailed them and await a reply.  Will post if and when I get a reply.

Margi

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 03:00:26 PM »
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »
Thank you Dirk

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Unusual round vase help please. - ID = Beyer & Co. Kristallglas GmbH
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »
I've got the same vase, with the original "Beyer Made in West-Germany" label. 

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Unusual round vase help please. - ID = Beyer & Co. Kristallglas GmbH
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 04:40:20 PM »
I have one of these, also saw one with a Beyer label at a glass fair, but recently I found one attributed to Friedrich by someone also claiming to have seen a label so I was starting to doubt, but this thread firmly restores my confidence to call it Beyer :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand