No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ysart button weights  (Read 9265 times)

Offline RAY

• Members
ysart button weights
« on: October 21, 2005, 05:36:35 PM »
both different size and shape, the one with the white ground is only 2.25" across and 2" high, the other is 2.25" across and just over 1.75" high, does anyone know what regiment there from?

click image for larger photo

cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
ysart button weights
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 12:38:29 PM »
Hi Ray,

Try: http://www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/lists/ba1918.htm

There's a lot of links, one for each regiment, but the detail page for each shows the badges. With a broadband connection you may be able to get through the lists fairly quickly.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
ysart button weights
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 01:05:30 PM »
Hi Ray - sorry I can't help you with your regimental badges, which are lovely, but I was hoping you would post, and caught you here.  (Strike while the iron is hot and all that.... :P )

Some time ago, you identified a Heron Glass mushroom for me.  I lost my original picture which was labelled at the time but have posted it again on the Glass Board "Two Toadstools", along with an Avondale Glass one which is labelled.  Would you mind looking at the picture once more.  I cannot remember if it was the large white one or the smaller blue irridescent one that was Heron :roll: .
Many thanks. :lol:

Regards - Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline RAY

• Members
ysart button weights
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 05:15:43 PM »
thanks for that Kev i will have a scan through it

Anne it's the left one thats heron also they do  white one's but i've not seen the stem that thick
cheers Ray

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
ysart button weights
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 05:23:16 PM »
Thank you so much Ray :lol:

Regards - Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
ysart button weights
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 05:53:37 PM »
Be aware that these are often not Ysart weights - there seem to be quite a lot of them about... almost too many to be true. At least with badges and of course the badges and buttons are still widely and cheaply available. I suspect a lot are brand new and just exploiting the fact that Paul Ysart definitely made a few.

I think there is some info on Kevin's site. None on mine, I bought one a few years ago but decided it was brand new once it arrived!

Offline RAY

• Members
ysart button weights
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 06:26:25 PM »
i'm 99% certain these are right Frank, the one with the multi coloured cane chips has gold and green aventurine all over the place and they fluoresce Dusty Light Green on Short Wave like my other ysart weight,   i've not got a long wave tester but Kev has :wink:
cheers Ray

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand