No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass chamber/candlestick but who made it?  (Read 660 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Glass chamber/candlestick but who made it?
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:33:51 AM »
Good morning/evening everyone.  I am trying to ID a few last bits before I sell them for my wedding fund.  Here I have a green chamber/candle stick.  Very smooth to the touch and quite heavy.  The base is also twisted as you can see and is mottled and worn.  Is this a piece of art glass or other.  Could anyone help with manufacturer and age please.
Thank you
Margi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Glass chamber/candlestick but who made it?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »
That looks to have been made from an old green glass bottle, what you might call glass recycling.

There is a company in Sweden called Hauges Hantverksglas http://www.glasweb.se/hauge/ that make all sorts of objects out of old glass beer and wine bottles, go to their products page for more examples (produkter).

No idea if this was made by them.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
Re: Glass chamber/candlestick but who made it?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
Ah merci John,
We checked our candlestick and upon closer inspection we can see the neck of the bottle, very clever workmanship. I still think its pretty and for 1 euro who can grumble.

Margi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand