No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scotland's Glass - Caithness update  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Scotland's Glass - Caithness update
« on: July 14, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
Just completed adding in the 2007 catalogues, the main catalogue and the just released Autumn/Winter one. All images were provided by Caithness. There is one small group collection omitted from 2007, as it is not in those two catalogues and I have to wait for the data to go with the pictures.

As to the rest, still working backwards in time and reached 2002, as I have not yet got the scans for 2003 main catalogue that remains a gap but I do have all the 2001 & 2002 in hand and all of the 2002 images have been adjusted.

There are now 1,250 Caithness weights and 340 Caithness glassware items. The total catalogue now contains 1,913 items of Scottish Glass, illustrated by over 10,000 images   :o 8)

I will turn attention back to Perthshire Paperweights again shortly.

Thanks again to the many contributors and helpers in getting this all done! If you are wondering where your contributions are, I want to get the data from original catalogues in first, it is a lot easier to add additional images later. I expect it to take at least another year to catch up with the existing backlog.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline cfosterk

• Members
Re: Scotland's Glass - Caithness update
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »
Frank,

This sounds like an amazing resource.

I'm showing my ignorance now, but where is the info? and the perthshire stuff?? :P ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
Scotland's Glass, it is one of the four links on my signature, below. All of the ysartglass.com catalogues will be transferring too - eventually.

Once past the front screen, click on Glass Catalogues to get to the cats.

If you register, you get access to forums for glassworks/maker level discussions. Not competing with GMB, nor for identifications really, but useful for more focussed gatherings of collectors.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »
Both of the 2002 catalogues are completed now.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand