No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: date for Fenton uranium glass foot.  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
date for Fenton uranium glass foot.
« on: September 14, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »
Don't know if anyone else on this side of the pond has one of these  -  reminds me of the type of opaque coloured metal that Nazing used for their U. ashtrays back in the 60' s in the U.K. (they had PONY printed on them).   This 'foot' has an embossed oval under the sole, enclosing the word 'FENTON'  -  plus, as you can see the original paper sticker  remains on the inside.   About 11 cms. long and about 10 cms. high, and glows just like the ashtry under the torch.   The pattern I think, is called hobnail and daisy wheel.    Anyway, grateful if someone will confirm the date for me, and any other interesting comments available.   thanks for looking.  Paul S.

Offline jsmeasell

• Author
  • Members
Re: date for Fenton uranium glass foot.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:26:40 PM »
Mid-1970s. This is our "1990 CU" Daisy and Button boot. 1990 is the ware number, and CU is the color code for Custard Satin. The glass contains depleted uranium, and the satin-finishing was done with acid.
James Measell, Historian
Fenton Art Glass Co.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: date for Fenton uranium glass foot.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
thanks very much - as always - for confirmation of date, and other interesting information - its a nice addition to the uranium collection.   Paul S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand