No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dartington help please. ID: Dartington Fiori  (Read 2725 times)

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
Dartington help please. ID: Dartington Fiori
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:44:17 PM »
Greetings, have just acquired this lovely small vase, with label and acid stamp to the base. My question is pertaining to the style= with the murrines on the surface of the glass, was this a common design and when was it produced. Any information greatfully received. regards carol
Carolglass

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Dartington help please..
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:37:10 AM »
If you had asked who made it, Dartington might have been my very last guess. I have not seen anything like this made by Dartington so I would guess that it is recent production (last 10 years or so).

Their website address is http://www.dartington.co.uk/store/comersus_index.asp, there is a 'contact us' option at the top of the page if you want to ask them about your vase.

Other members of the GMB of course may well have more info.

John

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:11:04 AM »
Many thanks glassobsessed-I have contacted them and sent off a query. regards Carol
Carolglass

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »
Well that was quick I must say!! Have included the reply I received from a very helpfull member of Dartington's staff-
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your enquiry. The vase was from a range called Fiori and came in two colourways of Rose & Blue and Teal & Blue which was designed by Hilary Green who is still our Head of Design in 2002.  The vase you have is the medium vase and has a product reference of VA1886/RB. It is no longer in production but was in the range for two years and retailed at that time for £20.

Kind regards,

Caroline Blight
Carolglass

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Dartington help please. ID: Dartington Fiori
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:37:50 AM »
Wow, Dartington are on the ball, eh Carol!  :D
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia