No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pulled loop jug,id please  (Read 653 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Pulled loop jug,id please
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »
7.5 inches tall,fair amount of wear,moulded base,Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Pulled loop jug,id please
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »
Hi keith i purchased one off ebay a couple of years back but instead of amber background it had either a clear or bluish background it was very similar but i bid at 10 pounds i think and won but the seller never answered any of my requests so never handled it, All i can say is it was listed as nailsea my dad later told me he didnt think it was a nailsea form any way and not to worry about it just thought id add this sorry cant be anymore help. :ac1:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
Thanks for reply,my wife got it from a charity shop some years ago for a couple of pounds,maybe some one else may know more,ta,Keith.

Offline malwodyn

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 09:37:49 PM »
I can understand that a jug like this in blue glass might well be called Nailsea and this could well be right.  If you look at the base, it is clear that the white is a single trail that has been pulled up.  I think that in the nineteenth century the Nailsea factory did produce quite a lot of glass coloured other than the deep blue that we now associate with the name.  What troubles me (perhaps 'troubles' is a bit strong) is the shape of the jug, which seems rather twentieth century.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 06:50:12 AM »
It's not Nailsea. Nailsea attributions are a bit like the old it's got a polished pontil it must be Whitefriars. The handle form is too modern just for a start. Old handles are generally of the pump handle form, i.e., they start at the top and finish at the bottom. It's also mould blown.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand