No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A silly question about plastic stoppers  (Read 1559 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: A silly question about plastic stoppers
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »
I have a fish, green but sadly not uranium, so Christine didn't want it.
Found it for a couple of quid in a charity shop, and stuck it in a bottle for lack of anywhere better to put it.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »
ohhhh i have the dish without the fish, mines green but it is uranium, ive had it for ages in a hope one day i would find the fish to match (jon collects glass fish so its his really)
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 12:26:28 PM »

Who are these funny people that separate bowls from fish? Don't they realise us glass types then have to spend ages trying to find the right bowl for the right fish? Still it gives me something to do I suppose!!!! ;D    Cheryl

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
I imagine bits of sets get broken, so you end up with fishes without dishes and dishes without fishes, lurking in charity shops.

Also, sets of things can become seperated when folk are making donations to charity shops, perhaps, because of their shape or size, they end up packed in different bags or boxes, and the sorter doesn't know they belong together.

I found a Tapio Wirkkala decanter in a charity shop one week, the matching glasses didn't turn up for another couple of weeks - in the same shop. Got the lot for £1.80 - decanter 80p, the 10 shot glasses @10p each.

Now you've let the cat out of the bag Michelle - Christine might well be after your/John's fish!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »
haha, i would be glad to see the back of them fish he has hundreds of the flippin things... i refuse point blank to dust them there not my collection.. we have a stand off coz jon doesnt even know what a duster looks like ;D the problem is a buy some of them for him  :huh: and then moan because they are in my way becasue i want more space for my glass!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand