No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Anyone else own this Wedgwood vase? Some info would be appreciated please.  (Read 4537 times)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
Re: Anyone else own this Wedgwood vase? Some info would be appreciated please.
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »
Hi Everyone

With regard to Sharron's post, the vase is just over 5½" so would the two options still apply?

Also, here's a picture of a Dartington vase I have just bought today from a charity shop.  It has the etched "D" on the bottom, and stands 5" tall.  Pending my buying the book... can anyone tell me what this one is please?

TIA
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Offline Elmwood

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
Hi Stu,

BTW did you know the Ming comes in ribbed and unribbed?
http://yobunny.org.uk/gallery1/displayimage.php?pos=-742

Anne, Ming Vase? isn't the pic of a "Devon collection vase. I am struggling to read the small print, but I have a Ming and it looks somewhat different :huh:.

STU- "Devon" was also produced as a bud vase Ref 208/8510 height 5.75"/145mm and
Bouquet vase at a wopping 7.5"/190mm ref 212/8510.  Lots to go at then....

As for your last post, I can't actually see the book clearly enough to determine which one it is. So I have scanned the relevant pages and emailed them to you, see if you can determine?

(I too picked up a nice little piece of Dartington, Optic effect, had the remains of a label imprint, which dated it 1987+)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 03:29:05 PM »
Oh now that is nice.  What a cutey! 

I suppose my original dark one must be the 5.75"...?  They couldn't have been precise heights every time, could they?  Or maybe they could... 

I am probably going to beg my wife for that book when she comes home, so look away everyone, it won't be pretty. :)

So can we say that my latest one is by Mr Thrower then, or shall I throw it out?   :) 

Has anyone experienced the scenario in charity shops, whereby they ask if you want it wrapped and you think 'd'uh!  yeah! and then they wrap it like chips and your stomach goes over as they man-handle it across the glass topped counter? 

I love charity shops and all they stand for but I think they should teach their staff how to handle glass. 

Moan, moan, moan....... :D
Stuart & Emma Taylor.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »
Stu, your latest vase is the small Etruscan FT404, 1986. Only made in clear ripple glass.

Anne's confused, bless her  :-*

The Wedgwood Ming and the Devon vases by FT all come in ripple (optic) and plain, and clear and Midnight.

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »
Fabulous - thank you Christine.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »
Hoy missus, I'm not that confused. :kissy:  I'm just late to the table.  ;D  Stu mentioned the Ming somewhere in this topic and I posted a pic of my two Mings side by side and asked if he knew they came in optic and un-optic (or whatever the word is!!!)  :angel:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand