Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Cranberry vase id please

(1/2) > >>

Margi:
Hello could anyone help id this vase please and maybe possible decade?  It looks odd to me as it has the most smallest base for its body.  Obvious unpolished pontil mark.  Unfortunately I chipped the base when washing it - grr I hate ceramic sinks!

Margi:
Good evening still searching id and age on this please - any thoughts?

Paul S.:
hello Margi  -  butler sinks very popular in the u.k. - very 4 x 4/Clountry Life/Harpers/Tatler etc. gives the illusion of cottage life  -  however, try cleaning glass in a plactic washing up bowl, not quite the same size, but less prone to damage.  Your pics. don't blow up much by the way, and the usual question  -  what sort of wear do you hve on the base (or at least what is left of the base).    You sure its not a bell, missing its clanger >:D   Paul S.

Margi:
Hi Paul and thanks for looking.  Here are some larger pics.  Fair bit of wear on the base but not excessive.  On the pic it looks like there is initials IC but have looked with the light magnifier and cannot see anything there so think there are just coincidental scratches.  The rim is 10.5cm wide, the base just a tiny 4cm and the height is just over 17cm.  The base has a tiny unfinished pontil (at least I think its the pontil) and sits in a polished circle.  I have looked for evidence of their being a clanger but no there isn't anything  :angel:
Thanks again
Margi

Margi:
Helps if add the pictures  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version