No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: possible WF vase Pat. 8886 ??  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
possible WF vase Pat. 8886 ??
« on: September 24, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »
this is the other piece that I believe is possibly WF, pattern No. 8886  -  for which Leslie Jackson gives three sizes, although I dont see this blue in the book (for that item).  Usual ground and polished pontil  -  14 cms. tall and about 12.5 cms. wide at the top.    Wud be grateful for confirmation, and my thanks for looking.    Paul S.

P.S.  Sorry Christine, forgot to thank you especially for the link to David Encill's comments re the square look of Webb versus the hexagonal image of WF  -  certainly useful.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: possible WF vase Pat. 8886 ??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »
Certainly looks like these http://www.whitefriars.com/catalogues/contents.php?id=2 and B is given as a colour

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:04:56 PM »
That's the one.  And that Blue will definitely be Sapphire  :)
Leni

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »
thanks to both of you for such prompt replies - and really do appreciate the confirmation.   Now all I need to find is some of the really early Venetian style pieces ;)
thanks again.   Paul S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand