No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Soisy-sur-ecole essonne  (Read 987 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Soisy-sur-ecole essonne
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »
I have a lovely blue swan with the label of the said above title.  However, when I research it I cannot find much to do with the school.  Can anyone tell me when they were in operation from and if they were apprentices that designed such items.  Normally I am not bothered by value but would appreciate if it all possible an indication on their products.
Thank you

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
Re: Soisy-sur-ecole essonne
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »
Here is the swan

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:07:22 AM »
That would be because there is no glass school there, it is the name of the commune. Essonne is Departement 91, Ile-de-France.Try this page:
http://www.tourisme-essonne.com/en/discoveries/museums-and-monuments/history-of-techniques/fiche/verrerie-dart-de-soisy-sur-ecole-2/

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:38:57 AM »
Yes thanks lol I live in France so I know essonne is the department but as it said ecole which means school well if it had its accent, I presumed.  Must remember what i tell the children never assume but thanks for the reply  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Sklounion

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 06:25:22 AM »
Hi,
No problem. French words beginning with capital letters (majuscules), never carry an accent.
M

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand