No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass pear signed OM 1992. ID = Ogishi-Mizuno studio, Australia  (Read 3044 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Glass pear signed OM 1992. ID = Ogishi-Mizuno studio, Australia
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
Nice quality and weight to this pear, the base is ground and polished though only enough for it to sit flat and it is 10cm/4 inches tall. Looks like it is signed DM 1992.

Does any one recognise the maker and/or the the signature?

Thanks.

John

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Glass pear signed DM 1992
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:16 AM »
This paperweight is signed OM and made by the noted Australian glass artist Setsuko Ogishi at her Ogishi-Mizuno studio at Rothbury in the Hunter Valley north of Sydney. See the two examples below of the signature and a sticker from the studio. She has an extensive website here.

There is a similar apple paperweight on the website of an Australian collector here. It doesn't show the signature, but that collector lives in the Hunter Valley and knows his Ogishi (and other) glass.

I note that this solution is 5 years and 80 days after the original query was posted. That is a new personal best for me, up from my previous record of 4 years and 354 days, seen here.

I hadn't looked before for stray Australian studio glass in the Paperweights section of the GMB. Who knows what else I may find?

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:40:21 AM »
Nice pickup, Trevor

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »
I am nominating you for the 2014 GMB "We don't give up!" award, Trevor. ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Glass pear signed OM 1992. ID = Ogishi-Mizuno studio, Australia
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:25 PM »
Absolutely! Thank you Trevor.

I am not certain what happened to this one but I think a friend may have it, in which case I will be able to pass on the information.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand