No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass identification books  (Read 16042 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: glass identification books
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
ahhh Danke dirk. :D
Thanks for that too anne babelfish doesnt do czech translation and i have a couple of messages in czech on my facebook sklo site which ive been unable to translate, Jindrich kindly done one for me though. Now i can check the rest ;D

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: glass identification books
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »
Hartmann is basically lots of label images linked to names, name entries contain dates so the likelihood of needing to translate the text is LOW unless you are more interested in the company than the identification of course. Ivo's fact file contains most of the names so you can look up ze company in zat and get a more sensible englis-ization than any babbling fish other than a real one that goes in the ear..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand