No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech optic vase?? - ID = Borske Sklo  (Read 2492 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Czech optic vase?? - ID = Borske Sklo
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
A preety little optic type vase in vivid green, Have never owned a true sklo one of these wondering if this might be one 4 1/4" tall appears to have been made in a four part mould and appears to have a machine cut/polished rim?? :chky:

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Re: Sklo-union optic vase??
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

We had one of these on here a short while ago but I can't find the thread. I can't remember if it was Sklo Union, but I know for sure its Czech as my amber one still has the label on it.It says Bohemia Glas, made in Czecheslovakia.(apologies if I've spelt that wrong) I like these, they look lovely in the sunlight.  I'll keep looking for the thread its here somewhere!!!  ;D    Cheryl

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 08:08:52 PM »

Been Googling these vases, I found one as Borske Sklo Union, also a couple on Ebay with same name.   Cheryl

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
Yes, I agree with Cheryl, Borske Sklo mould blown optic vase. The 'Sklo-Union' used in the title for the thread is wrong, since that usually refers to Czech pressed glass from the same era as far as I'm aware.

Nigel

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Czech optic vase??
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:29:47 AM »
Sklo Union should ONLY be used for the conglomerate of PRESSED glass factories and their output discussed on the Sklo Union website, http://www.sklounion.com/ , and the accompanying book.

Borske Sklo only made blow moulded glass

Sklo is the Czech word for glass so it pops up in a lot of the Czech factory names.

This item is Borske Sklo

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »
Bumping this thread, as we've just had word that it might not have been made by Borske Sklo.

Sklounion

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »
Perhaps not wrongly, just more accurately identified. Jindrich, other than the Prachen works, can you suggest any other known Czech factory that produced these "ananas-optik" (pineapple-optic) items? I know they were made in both single and cased colours often similar to Chribska's range of products. Also that this "ananas-optik" decoration was used at Prachen, on bowls, tall elegant vases, as well as, presumably, these globs..... 

M

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand