No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Identificatiion of green/grey glass water set  (Read 1011 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Identificatiion of green/grey glass water set
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
"Ivo I have tried most if not all the glassworks in Scandinavia-most designers seem to sign their works as do the Italian glass designers"
I think because these where quite bread and butter pieces made in large quantities they would only have only been stickered as etching/signing every one would have been to time consuming and expensive. And because they would have been straight in the washing up bowl as soon as opened most dont have labels either
good luck in finding it :thup:
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
Yup - probably most Scandinavian glass is unsigned, especially tableware.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Amaya

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »
Hi.  Sometime ago I requested some assistance in identifying the green/grey glass water set.  While I haven't successfully found out the maker's identity I have found out from a reader that this set was made in Poland.  She has the exact same set with 'Made In Poland' stickers still in tact.  Perhaps the 'S' incised on the base could stand for the region of Silesia?  Thank you all for your past help.  A

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand