No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard whitebells glasses??  (Read 1443 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Holmegaard whitebells glasses??
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »
Hi all
I was just looking through some of the threads on here and had a look at a links which had been added by ahremck http://www.HarderNet.dk.
in the glass gallery i noticed some glasses   
HVID-KLOKKE - WHITEBELLS Ole Winther, Holmegaard
I have a set of 8 glasses which i bought ages ago on a carboot for £2, i wanted them just for us to use at home and thought they looked quite nice, thick and chunky, unfortunitly they seem to be very fragile and easily broken as we only have 5 left, quite an unstable shape.
Are they Whitebells by Holmegaard????
large bell shaped bowl with a squashed airbubble in the base of the bowl, thick stem, concave base, 20.5cms tall, 9cms accross the rim.
Im not a wine drinker but i do have my fruit juice in these every morning.. i will be chuffed if they are Holmegaard :D
many thanks michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
    • HarderNet.dk DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Re: Holmegaard whitebells glasses??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »
Hi all
I was just looking through some of the threads on here and had a look at a links which had been added by ahremck http://www.HarderNet.dk.
in the glass gallery i noticed some glasses   
HVID-KLOKKE - WHITEBELLS Ole Winther, Holmegaard
I have a set of 8 glasses which i bought ages ago on a carboot for £2, i wanted them just for us to use at home and thought they looked quite nice, thick and chunky, unfortunitly they seem to be very fragile and easily broken as we only have 5 left, quite an unstable shape.
Are they Whitebells by Holmegaard????
large bell shaped bowl with a squashed airbubble in the base of the bowl, thick stem, concave base, 20.5cms tall, 9cms accross the rim.
Im not a wine drinker but i do have my fruit juice in these every morning.. i will be chuffed if they are Holmegaard :D
many thanks michelle

Hej Michelle

Sorry but I do not think that your glass is Whitebell from Holmegaard the shape is slightly different from Holmegaards if you find Whitebell on my website and click the photo to go to the subpage I think I have most glass type in that series and I think you will find that measurment and wheight (diameter is across the rim on all stemware) do not fit with your glass. Whitebell from Holmegaard is a bit rare to find.
Peter

DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Holmegaard Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork
HarderNet.dk

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:36 PM »
ah well, next time maybe lol.. thanks so much for looking at them for me.. and keep up the good work with the website
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
    • HarderNet.dk DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »
ah well, next time maybe lol.. thanks so much for looking at them for me.. and keep up the good work with the website
michelle

Michelle

Your very welcome and your glasses was very similar. Yes, there is a lot of work yet to be done to the website.
Peter

DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Holmegaard Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork
HarderNet.dk

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand