No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Another Aseda?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Glassyone

• Members
Another Aseda?
« on: October 26, 2005, 01:36:56 AM »
Anne, I was looking at Vidfletch's terrific album trying to identify this and you posted! Thank you Vidfletch.
There is one in green, image 89, which looks very like this. It would be lovely to be sure.
At the moment it has some ? limescale in it and so is full of pepsident.
The other posts on Aseda are also very helpful. I had never heard of Aseda before.

http://tinypic.com/f0bvhk.jpg

Cheers Ruth

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Another Aseda?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:19:39 AM »
Yes it is Aseda. Date is 1960s, The designer of this specific piece is not known.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Another Aseda?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 08:45:55 AM »
Ruth - I have never, ever seen one in red!  What a fabulous colour! :P   I've only seen them in blue.  I have three.  A tall one with a square base like yours, and two with a round base, one of which is much shorter and has a slightly different opening.  http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/3bluevases001.jpg  I've seen these often described as Holmegaard :? .
Vidfletch's comprehensive album is I agree, a gem :P  and he has written about Aseda in another thread if you do a search, which makes interesting reading.

Great to have it dated also Ivo. :P

Regards - Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Another Aseda?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 08:58:01 AM »
Mine is brown, but a lovely shade and I really like the shape of these. Terry

Offline Glassyone

• Members
Another Aseda?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 06:14:31 PM »
Thank you all very much, it is very beautiful, especially cleaned up. However I would be pleased to sell it to someone who collects Aseda if they would like it for their collection. Contact me direct or I could put it on 'Trademe'.

Searching this forum for Aseda produced much more information than looking on the Internet generally.
Ruth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand