No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signed Daum France Whimsy - ID artist please  (Read 2153 times)

Offline circull

• Members
Signed Daum France Whimsy - ID artist please
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:48:56 PM »
hi all.
i have this piece for many years and have never seen anything similar on ebay, trocadero, ruby lane, tias, etc.  it is signed Daum France and has an initial K and another illegible letter/character after the K.  it is not dated.
help me identify this piece further or share any other information about this piece/artist please.
thanks,
chad

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1415164913075512046XpGziI

Offline Margi

• Members
Re: Signed Daum France Whimsy - ID artist please
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »
Really hard to see the letters on the top and the signature on the side looks to be after 1950 see here http://www.libertys.com/glass.htm

Offline circull

• Members
Re: Signed Daum France Whimsy - ID artist please
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
Mod: Sorry for a bit of confusion while I was trying to merge this reply from a duplicate post in the Paperweights forum - I just could not seem to get the merge to work properly - but it has happened now! The duplicate post and the stray copy of Chad's reply have now been removed. And if the item does turn out to be a paperweight, the topic can be moved back into that forum when confirmed.

hi all.
sorry i don't have a better pic.  this piece is the size of a xlarge hens egg split in half on a small angle.  the bird is sandblasted or acid etched in the piece.  the base has a polished pontil, or lack of a pontil mark.  i'm guessing it is an after 1950's piece due to the signature style.  have any of you seen anything like this before?  there is a small brass(?) or brass colored miniature egg that is removable.  i don't know if the egg was manufactured with the whimsy/paperweight, but it has been with the piece since i purchased it years prior.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand