No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ichendorff - Germany  (Read 3742 times)

Offline Formgiva

• Members
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FORMGiVA
Ichendorff - Germany
« on: October 26, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »
HI All

Can I please enquire if anybody knows any links or has information they can pass on to me about this factory please?

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Ichendorff - Germay
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 06:27:03 PM »
Quote from: "Formgiva"
HI All

Can I pleaase enquire if anybody knows any links or has information they can pass on to me about this factory please?

What a lovely piece of glass Formgiva, I love seeing glass I haven't seen before...er...does that makes sense?!  Looks like quite Czech to me, I like it!  Someone will be able to help you properly, I'm sure.  :)

You should let us know how big it is, and maybe a photo of the base would help too.   :)
I am not a man

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Ichendorff - Germay
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 06:46:45 PM »
That is indeed the one vase I have seen from them, along with the foam glass vases mentioned on the Murano forum. Ichendorf was located in Bergheim-Ichendorf, Germany and went under at the end of the 70s - at that time the main designer was Alfred Gunther. I think you'll have a hard time finding out about the factory, I don't think much has been published.

As said, the current Venice glass dealer operating under the same name may or may not be related - I have no idea.

Offline Formgiva

• Members
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FORMGiVA
ichendorf
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:55:06 PM »
Hi Max

Ivo has told me that Ichendorf are german and were based in cologne

here are some more detailed ones for you max...The base is unsigned, it bears a large polished pontil and a fair bit of shelf wear, this is a heavy piece at 2kg ! and it is 25cm tall marked and I have never asked an id help question so please excuse me... I didn't have a pic of the base to hand so I have just quickly snapped one (I left the glass I am getting ready to photo prior to selling there too, I thought it would be intriuging if anyone managed to guess who they were by through with just a tantalising glimpse...<clue>all 3 in the background are scandinavian!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand