No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signature ID...  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Signature ID...
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:10:49 PM »
Hello.

Was wondering if anyone recognised this? It looks familiar, but I can't place it, or make it out.

Pics vanished, but they would have been in violation of copyright. Thread retained for info.

Offline Glassyone

• Members
Signature ID...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 06:13:16 AM »
It would be helpful if you posted a pic of the glass too, Pinkspoons.
Cheers Ruth

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Signature ID...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:16:08 PM »
Sorry, my brain was feeling a bit durr last night.  :lol:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/pinkspoons/mysteryvase.jpg

T'is 21cm high - and almost Holmegaard-ish in shape. And the neck is cylindrical - those are just reflections making it seem shaped.

Anonymous

Signature ID...
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:07:34 PM »
I don't recognise the glass at all but the first word looks like ampullo or ampulla and that fits with the tubular structure!
 How intriguing. Good luck.
Ruth  :)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Signature ID...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 06:05:41 PM »
I'm intrigued :?   The mark looks like an incorrect spelling for Humppila except that I can only see one 'p' and what looks like two 'l's.  ??? :?
What auction are you looking at?

Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Formgiva

• Members
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FORMGiVA
Signature ID...
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 07:44:57 PM »
Hi Pink,

That is a strange one, as I am sure u know Bengt Edenfalk did this applied thread work whilst at skruff, the signature could be construde as edenfalk but I think the factory could be read as Oy Kumela...but edenfalk only worked at skruf and kosta boad, the kumela factry however are famous for there bottles..! One of my favourite designers/craftsman that worked at kumela was Armando Jacobino (it could b his sig) a very independent individual who undoubtebly would not be averse to trying a technique he had seen elsewher for himself...(he was one of gunnel nymans best impersonators whilst a nuutajarvi) his work would have been signed jacobino oy kumela  :)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Signature ID...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:08:46 PM »
Oh, the photos have gone. How odd.

But I managed to find out what it was...

Bengt Edenfalk at Skruf!

I didn't bid on the vase after all, though - I got distracted by some Holmegaard (the story of my life, really).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand