No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: confirmation for lilac (?) Czech. cream pot  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
confirmation for lilac (?) Czech. cream pot
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:42:39 PM »
something from lunchtime in the charity shop  -  which I am thinking is a cream pot  -  as it seems the wrong shape for a powder puff.   An attractive pale  lilac/mauve colour, with a uniformly smooth base, showing some reasonable scratches and wear (couple of nicks I'm afraid - but still very nice).  Size about 12 cms. by about 10.5 cms.     Unfortunately, I'm in trouble with an acid back stamp again, which is indistinct, and not all there  -  but in view of the outline  -  the shape of the piece - and the wear  -  makes me think of Cechoslovakia 1930's - sort of Deco look.    This back stamp does look very similar to one shown in Ruth Forsythe's book on Czechoslovakian glass  -  'Made - Czechoslovakia'  running around the inside of the thin ring  -  and the work 'In'  in the centre.   But I might be wrong, and cud be wishful thinking.   I couldn't improve on that pic, sorry.   Grateful for anyone's thoughts, and thanks for looking.     cheers       Paul S.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: confirmation for lilac (?) Czech. cream pot
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »
You have most of that right, it is Czech, 1930s, Deco and part of a toilet set. It is panel cut, the material is Neodymium glass and the maker could be anyone - even Moser.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: confirmation for lilac (?) Czech. cream pot
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:52:09 PM »
sincere thanks Ivo  -  I must be improving a little.  In fact the fist piece of Neodymium that I have found  -  certainly a very attractive colour - and I must now see if I can spot the colour change - I believe the changes occur in daylight and fluourescent lighting ??    A good Deco style as well, and the possibility of being Moser sounds very up market!    thanks again.   Paul S.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand