No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Identifying vase and signature? - ID = Maastricht, designer Max Verboeket  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Dilly

• Members
Hello, new to the forum.  Hoping somebody can help me in identifying this vase,it stands just over 8 inches tall, and is pretty heavy.   It is signed on the bottom, unfortunately I cannot make any of it out, I have tried to get a close up, there is also a number that looks like either 024. It has green and red ribbons of colour running through it,I would appreciate any help with it.  Many thanks.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Help in identifying vase and signature???please
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:38 PM »
Hard to tell from the blurry photo, but might 'Maastricht' be a possibilty?

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:00:28 AM »
Agree with Nick about blurry photo and possible attribution. The signature could also be Verboeket, the designer, rather than Maastricht, the maker. There 's a couple of similar pieces for sale on eBay right now, item number 360195806780. Have a look and see if yours is similar.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 06:47:14 AM »
Definitely Maastricht, designer Max Verboeket and has been in production until 1972. Not rare - at least not in Holland.

Offline Dilly

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »
Thank you all for your comments. Now I can see signature does say Maastricht, and after searching Max Verboeket pieces, I am pretty sure it is by him.  Thanks again. What a great site, at last I am now in with a chance of getting some of my pieces I.D.'d.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand