No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orange Bullicante Bowl...Label...  (Read 2126 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Orange Bullicante Bowl...Label...
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »
Murano bowl...gold and red foil label...'Hand Made Genuine, Venetian Glass, Vetro Artistico Veneziano, Made In Murano Italy'...orange bullicante bowl...with a milky layer in the glass on the outside...small to larger air bubbles...polished base...11cm long...9cm wide...4.5cm high...i only have a few books on glass...any attribution to this label and piece???...many thanks... :chky:

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Orange Bullicante Bowl...Label...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:39:47 AM »
Hi:

It's a label that's seen quite a lot on pieces that are very difficult to attribute to any one maker. For example, I've got it on about 4 or 5 pieces that vary quite widely in style and execution. It was suggested to me once that the best of my bunch was made by Campanella. I've wondered if this was an early version of the promovetro label, i.e. a label used by a number of companies. That's still wild conjecture. There's been a fair bit of discussion on the board about this label, if I remember correctly.

Your piece is toward the high end of the range of pieces on which I've seen the label, but that may be my taste.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:50:31 AM »
Thank you David...i actually bought this piece on ebay about 6 yrs ago...and no mention of the label!!!...i have a few of these bullicante bowls (although i didn't initially like the look of this piece from the pics on ebay)...i like the simplicity of these bowls...this is the only one of my bowls that has this label...although i have a sneaking suspicion that 1 or 2 other of my bullicante bowls may have had this label as well!!!...

I also have it on few sommerso pieces...:)...and this is definitely now one of my favourite bowls...never to be sold!!! ;D

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »
Now that is a stunning bowl..i wouldnt part with it iether..

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »
I was looking at one of my pieces with the label and realized it did have something in common with your piece: the use of gold foil. Otherwise, the styles are totally different. I had always thought this was a fairly clumsy use of fenicio, but looking at the piece again the fenicio is done by feathering the gold foil, which I can't recall seeing before, and that must be fairly difficult. I thought you'd like the picture anyhow.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »
Ha ha...i wont jean  ;D...stunning vase David...definitely not clumsy use of the gold foiling...is their 9 or 10 featherings for each one???...very smooth colours on that piece...i like the way it all blends in to each other...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand