No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Id on this bowl ?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline ejean9

• Members
Id on this bowl ?
« on: October 10, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »
Hi again  :-[
I bought this piece today..so much gold in it..stunning..photo has not came out well..the inner is gold..then a dark red/burgandy ? with black then incased in clear glass..heavy for the size..4 1/2 inch long..31/2 inch wide..smooth base..
thank you
Jean

Offline ejean9

• Members
Re: Id on this bowl ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
a better photo..i hope..

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »
Could you take a photo in natural daylight?  That might give a better result?   :)
I am not a man

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »
Hi Max
I will do that tomorrow (now the camera has been charged). Can i ask this here please ? I have some pieces of Murano and was unsure if the GMB would want pictures of them for albums ect ? I have some nice Avem (i think) pieces.
Jean

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:06 AM »
Jean, we always love seeing new glass, so no problem at all with seeing more pieces.   :) 

Please start a new thread for each though - that's important. 

Good quality photos are really appreciated and I'm happy to help if you have any queries about how to achieve that.   :)

I am not a man

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 08:15:33 AM »
Great Max
Thank you..and i would really appreciate some advice on the photos..the camera is not my strong point !
Jean

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »
ok..have taken new pictures in daylight..

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 06:00:00 AM »
Personal preference, but I much prefer this piece to the frilly piece in your previous thread. Definitely Murano, I'd say, but not possible to attribute a maker. I like this kind of solid, yet subtle piece, especially the use of the gold foil.  Doesn't it feel good to hold and pass from hand to hand? I'll stop before the little yellow van comes for me.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »
 ;D
the van is on route..it does feel nice..solid and i like pieces with the gold (makes me feel rich)..frilly is not my most fav designs..i have a few frilly pieces i may part with as i am running out of room for all my glass...mind you if i could talk my kids into leaving home..id have more room..

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 02:54:56 PM »
i am running out of room for all my glass...mind you if i could talk my kids into leaving home..id have more room..
If they are 18.... just kick them out....   :thup:  After all, let's get our priorities straight!!  Besides, I am going to guess that feeding them is also cutting into the budget for buying glass......  and that would be the last straw for me....    :24: :24:

Does your piece have an iridescent finish on the glass, or is that just the photo? If it does it may narrow manufacturer down a little.

I really love the pieces with fine gold also. Here is one of my favorite pieces of Italian glass I have and it is about 2 x 3 inches....

I also love the feel of these types of pieces.

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand