No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Vase ID  (Read 2072 times)

Offline PaulFitz

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
Holmegaard Vase ID
« on: January 14, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »
Hi ,
Any help on identifying this vase which has the Holmegaard sticker with the number 181 on it.
This vase measures 25.5 cms x 8.5cms diameter at the bottom and the colour is not a solid white but the same as  a Kubus table lamp that i have which has the number 285 on the sticker.
Does anyone on this site know of the age ,designer  etc?
Thanks

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Holmegaard Vase ID
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:08:43 AM »
I suspect it is Jacob Bang from the sixties - but someone will chime in with a confirmation or negation.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »
A hyacinth vase by Michael Bang, designed 1980. The number on the label tells you that it was made in the first quarter of 1981.

The Kubus lamp, 2nd quarter of 1985.

Offline PaulFitz

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:13:13 PM »
Hi,thank you Ivo & Pinkspoons for your help on this.Never realised that the numbers on their stickers related to the year the item was made,thought it was the model number. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand